These metal filters and fabricated parts simply belong together due to their cylindrical shape and the associated manufacturing step. The following applies for cylinders and filter cartridges, wire mesh cones and filter wraps: The wire mesh blank is rolled. The filter cartridges, in particular, will be familiar to many of you in the automotive industry and in water treatment. The multi-faceted metal wire mesh scores particularly well under the influence of extreme environmental conditions - namely through the adaptability of its mechanical, chemical and physical properties.
And here too: Your needs decide.
- Depending on your requirements, we design single or multi-layered, smooth or pleated woven wire cloth in a cylindrical or conical shape for your application.
- We produce the cylinders and filter cartridges, mesh cones and filter wraps fully automatically or in individual production.
- The wire mesh layers are joined by spot or roll seam welding, with the longitudinal seams overlapping or butt welded together. You do not want a welded seam?
For large series we offer endless cylinders as well as woven cylinders without weld seams.
- The face sides of all product types also receive a finish at your request.
A filter cartridge which must withstand the pressure of the water in treatment plants, consists of several mesh layers. The fine filter layer - usually MINIMESH® S twilled weave - is protected by a coarser square mesh wire cloth and a wedge wire screen cylinder.
The weave type of the respective wire mesh layers is decisive for the function of the later components. The same applies to the material of the wires used.
It influences the properties of the final components:
- Chemical properties (e.g. corrosion behaviour)
- Physical properties (e.g. pressure resistance)
- Economic characteristics (e.g. the costs)